3-7 year olds:
1. The Opening Prayer: "Dear Lord Jesus, you teaches us to love everyone and be kind to all people. Help us in our daily life at home and in our school love our parents, teachers and other children".
2. Introduction: today Jesus calls us to love everyone. But first, what does it mean to LOVE somebody? Any practical ideas how to LOVE our parents? How to LOVE our Grandpas and Grandmas? How to LOVE our pets or even our plants at home? LOVE is an amazing attitude: it inspires us to make good choices, and, when other people make bad choices: to forgive them!
3. Let's watch this video:
4. Let's put love and forgiveness in the center of our prayers!
- Dear Lord God, we thank you for Jesus' message about love and forgiveness. First we pray for all children from our school and St Mary's church we ask you for your blessing with LOVE.
- Each one has in our heart an invisible mirror, help us to reflect your love and generosity to all people.
- We pray today for those who are not well or sad, may your loving kindness be with them.
- We also remember all people who are hungry, homeless or live in the countries of war. We are you loving Father for the gift of peace, food and support to all your children
5. We say together the Lord's Prayer: (words at the bottom of the page) Our Father....
6. We can colour the picture to remind ourselves about the meaning of love!
1. The Opening Prayer: "Dear God, you are our loving Father and through Your Son you call us to love everyone. Help us with your grace to fulfill your request and bring more happiness to our families and schools".
2. Introduction: today with the Gospel of Luke (6.35-38)
Luke 6:35-38 New International Version (NIV)
35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”
We are called to love everyone, including those people who can be unkind to us. First, let's talk about love. What do you think LOVE is? Is it an strong emotion, the one opposite to hate? Is it an attitude, that, like a foundation, help us to act in a generous way? Can you give some examples of acts which you find full of love? What about FORGIVENESS? Again? an emotion? An attitude? Where to find the source for forgiveness? Who is my "enemy"?
3. The story about forgiveness:
Lord, God your are full of light and love. You are our inspiration. You have sent your Son to teach us about love and forgiveness. As we pray today, we would like to ask for your grace and support to live our life with love and forgive people who may hurt us.
We pray for all your children and especially for those who are in the countries of war and divisions.
We remember those who are not well, sad or search for new jobs.
We pray for our church, St Mary's and all people of Twickenham.
We thank you for our Sunday School and this great opportunity to learn more about Your Love.
5. We conclude with the Lord's Prayer:
Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done;
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
the power and the glory,
for ever and ever.