children under 8 years
1. The Opening Prayer: "Dear God, Today we celebrate Harvest Thanksgiving. Thank you for your care and protection. We pray for many more people, especially those who live in the countries where is less food and water. Amen."
2. The Story. What is your favourite food? Do you know how to make it? What is your favourite fruit? Have you seen the garden tree that produces it? Our food and fruits are gifts from God. We are so lucky that God takes cares of us and send us rain and gives us sunny days, all that and all seasons of the year help our food to grow. Once Jesus said: "good person from his or her heart produces good fruit", what kind of good actions can we produce today? Kindness to our siblings? or being helpful to our Parents?
3. Our game: name three types of food mentioned in the Gospel? Which tree is also mentioned in the Gospel?
4. The video to watch:
5. Prayers with the Lord's Prayer.
Dear God, we thank you for HARVEST. Thank you for reminding us that you care and love all of us.
- we pray for all people, especially we pray for those who live in countries where is not enough food and water. We ask you for your special blessing upon them.
- we pray for various Charity organisations which provide food and water. Inspire those people with your love and compassion
- we pray for our local schools and shops.
- we pray for all people in Twickenham and we ask you for your presence among us.
- we thank you St Mary's Sunday School and all our teachers.
We say together: Our Father who are in heaven...(words at the bottom of the page)
5. Please see the picture to colour with children
1. Opening Prayer: "Merciful God, today we celebrate Harvest. Thank you for this opportunity to reflect on your generosity. Help us to leave a generous life, when we share our resources, creativity and energy. Amen."
2. Today's Gospel: Matthew 13.1-9.
The Parable of the Sower
13 That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat beside the lake. 2 Such great crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat there, while the whole crowd stood on the beach. 3 And he told them many things in parables, saying: ‘Listen! A sower went out to sow. 4 And as he sowed, some seeds fell on the path, and the birds came and ate them up. 5 Other seeds fell on rocky ground, where they did not have much soil, and they sprang up quickly, since they had no depth of soil. 6 But when the sun rose, they were scorched; and since they had no root, they withered away. 7 Other seeds fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked them. 8 Other seeds fell on good soil and brought forth grain, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. 9 Let anyone with ears[a] listen!’
What is the meaning of different soils? What helps to grow? If the soil represent our soul, what can help me to grow in love? What can distract us from love of God and other people? What do I like about my relationship with God? What is helpful?
3. the Video:
Merciful Father, thank you for the Harvest Thanksgiving, a joyful opportunity to pray for people around the world
- We give you thanks for the beauty of the nature, all seasons of the year. We pray for all people who need your protection.
- We give you thanks for beauty of Twickenham, we pray for all people who live in our local area. We pray for homeless people and those who search for new jobs
- We pray for farmers and food providers in our country. Let us share all our resources with those who are in need.
- We pray for our teachers, schools and our church St Mary's, help us to be a generous community.
- We include in our prayers those who are not well and sad. We ask you for your blessing.
We conclude with the Lord's Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done;
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
the power and the glory,
for ever and ever.