Virtual Sunday School: 27th September 2020
St Michael and All Angels. Isaiah Chapter 6 verses 1-8 and John Chapter 1 verses 47-end
Younger than 8
1. Open Prayer: "Dear God, we thank you for all your angels who protect us all the time and inspire us to make good choices. Amen".
-do you remember the Christmas story?
-What is the role of angels in the Christmas story? What do they do?
-Has your Mum or Dad ever said, "you are my angel", what does it mean?
3. In the Bible there are many angels, who are sent by God to help people in various situations. For example, angels visit Abraham and Sarah, and angels were seen in a dream by Jacob. God's angel Gabriel came to Mary to tell her about her special place in God's story.
4. Watch this joyful song!
5. Let's colour this picture!
6. Our Prayers:
Dear God, thank you for all your angels, who protect and care for us. Today we pray for all people so that everyone may be protected and guided by angels.
1. We pray for our schools, nurseries, teachers and everyone who is helping us like angels, bless them good Lord.
2. We pray for our families, friends and neighbours. Keep us all safe, good Lord.
3. We pray for your beautiful Twickenham. Today we pray for all people who live in our area. Send your angels to those who are not well or sad.
4. We also pray for our church St Mary's and our Sunday School: may your angels inspire us to love one another even more.
5. Help us Lord, to be like angels and bring smiles and happiness to people's life.
We finish with the Lord's Prayer (words at the bottom of the page).
8 plus year olds
1. The Opening Prayer.
"Lord Jesus, thank you for reminding us about angels, these beautiful spiritual beings who always are supporting us and other other people. Amen"
2. Angels... what does it come to you mind when you think of angels? Which Scriptural story do you find helpful, while thinking of angels? Are angels real? Do they have wings? Can people become 'angels' by acting with love and care.
3. A Quiz: when do you hear the first time in the Bible about the angels? When do they appear last time? Why do they love people?
4. Watch this video:
5. Our Prayers
Dear God, we thank you for reminding us that Your angels are always with us. They bring us inspiration and encourage good thoughts. Now we join the angels as we pray:
- Lord, we pray for all people who feel lonely, anxious and sad: may Your angels bring joy to them.
- Lord, we remember all who are hungry, homeless or jobless, may Your angels bring them new hope.
- Lord, we include in our prayers all teenagers, boys and girls who live in this part of London, may Your angels protect them.
- Lord, we pray for our schools and families, may Your angels live with us!
We conclude with the Lord's Prayer:
Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done;
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
the power and the glory,
for ever and ever.