Join our Electoral Roll

Joining the electoral roll is an important way of confirming your commitment to St Mary's community and to the vision of the church. But it also opens up the way for greater involvement in the life of the Church of England, at Deanery, Diocesan and national levels. By joining, you become entitled to participate in the government of the church and to vote at the Annual Parochial Church Meeting, where the elections take place for:

  • the parochial church council

  • the parish’s representatives on the deanery synod.

Any person entitled to attend the APCM (which is on Sunday 24th April 2022) may raise any question of parochial or general church interest.

In addition, those who live outside the Parish but are on the Electoral Roll enjoy all the rights and privileges that go with being resident in the parish (for example, baptisms and weddings). However, if you live outside the Parish and want to come onto the Electoral Roll, you have to have been worshipping at St Mary's during the preceding six months.

If you are unsure whether you are on the Electoral Roll and would like to be, or if you know you are but your contact details have changed, do fill in the form below. It is simple and quick to do! 

Complete the form below to join or update your details on our electoral roll.  Sections marked with '*' are required fields. 
*** PLEASE NOTE: When you press submit, the form will clear - we have received your application. You should see a 'thank you for completing the form' message appear below the submit button. We're working to improve this over time. Thank you. ***
1: I DECLARE THAT (please select one from options A or B)
2: I DECLARE THAT (please select one from options A, B or C)

Thank you for completing the form. Your application has been sent to our electoral roll officer.


General matters

  • 1.  The only Churches at present in communion with the Church of England are other Anglican Churches and certain foreign Churches, as listed in the Supplementary Material to the Canons (but note Rule 83(3) of the Church Representation Rules, which provides for any question as to whether a particular Church is in communion with the Church of England to be decided by the Archbishops of Canterbury and York acting jointly).

  • 2.  Membership of the electoral roll is also open to members in good standing of a Church not in communion with the Church of England which subscribes to the doctrine of the Holy Trinity where those members are also prepared to declare themselves to be members of the Church of England.

  • 3.  Every six years a new roll is prepared and those on the previous roll are informed so that they can reapply. If you are not resident in the parish but were on the roll as a habitual worshipper and have been prevented by illness or other sufficient cause from worshipping for the past six months, you should complete declaration 2B or 2C as follows

    • (a) delete the first set of words in square brackets and

    • (b) at the end of the second set of words in square brackets, briefly state the reason for not having worshipped as mentioned.

  • 4.  If you have any problems with this Form, please approach the clergy or lay people responsible for the parish, who will be pleased to help you. In this Form ‘parish’ means ecclesiastical parish.

Use of email addresses and other personal data

  • 6. You do not have to provide an email address on this Form. If you do provide one, the Parochial Church Council and the electoral roll officer are entitled to use that email address to communicate with you in connection with the maintenance or revision of the Roll or the preparation of a new Roll or with elections to or membership of the Council.

  • 7.  The Church Representation Rules impose certain requirements for your name and address to be given to a third party, such as the diocesan electoral registration officer, in connection with elections to or membership of a deanery synod, diocesan synod or the House of Laity of the General Synod. If you provide an email address on this Form, it will be given to the third party along with your postal address.

  • 8.  A third party to whom your name and address have been given under the Church Representation Rules is in certain cases required by the Rules to pass them on to another person, such as the presiding officer in a synodical election. If you provide an email address on this Form, that email address will be given to the other person along with your postal address.

  • 9.  Any person to whom your email address or other personal data is given under the Church Representation Rules is required by those Rules to hold the data securely. Furthermore, if you do provide an email address on this Form, that does not give anybody the right to use it for any purpose other than those permitted by the Rules; so it cannot, for example, be used for social matters or fund-raising.

  • 10. The roll is published after each annual revision and after the preparation of a new roll. The published roll will include your name (as well as the name of every other person on the roll) but none of your other personal data (as defined by the Data Protection Act 2018) will be made public as a result of your inclusion on the roll.

Parish Boundary Map

You do not need to live inside the Parish to be on the Electoral Roll - however, you'll need to know if you live within or outside the Parish boundary in order to answer Question 2 above.  The map is shown below, with the orange dot indicating St Mary's.  You can search for your road here.

St Mary Twickenham Parish Boundary.png