Luke 8. 22-25 Jesus calms the storm
children 3-7 years
1. The Opening Prayer: "Dear Lord Jesus, you were with the disciples when there was a great storm, be also with us in all situations, and especially now as we enjoy our holidays. Amen."
2. The Introduction: Today's Gospel tells us that Jesus is with us everywhere and always. He holds our hand and listens to our calls and prayers. What would you like to ask Jesus today? Is there anyone for whom we should pray?
3. Let's watch this video together
4. Let's continue with our prayers.
Dear Lord, thank you for reminding us that you are always with us. We thank you for this beautiful Gospel and we offer our prayers.
- we pray for all who are scared of traveling, darkness or loneliness, we ask you to be with them.
- we pray for our families in this time of holidays, help us to enjoy this summer.
- we pray for our Church St Mary's and all children as well as church leaders: inspire us to put our trust in you.
- we pray for our neighbours and people from Twickenham. We ask you for your blessing.
5. We say the Lord's Prayer....(words at the bottom of the page)
6. Today's picture to colour:
1. The Opening Prayer: "Dear Lord, thank you for reminding us that you are with us all the time. You are very close to us, especially in difficult situations. Help us to put our trust in you all the time. Amen.'
2. Let's read together the passage from the Gospel of Luke: 8.22-25.
Jesus Calms the Storm
22 One day Jesus said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side of the lake.” So they got into a boat and set out. 23 As they sailed, he fell asleep. A squall came down on the lake, so that the boat was being swamped, and they were in great danger.
24 The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Master, Master, we’re going to drown!”
He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. 25 “Where is your faith?” he asked his disciples.
In fear and amazement they asked one another, “Who is this? He commands even the winds and the water, and they obey him.”
Why Jesus is asleep? What is the reaction of his disciples? "Where is your faith?" why does Jesus ask this question?
3. Let's watch this video
- what do you think about 'trust in Jesus'?
- why should we trust Him?
- give some examples of people who trusted in Jesus?
- how does prayer help us to trust in Jesus?
Inspired by today's message about trust we put in Jesus, now we shall pray:
- we pray for all people who suffer difficult moments such as illness or rejection, may Your grace help them to trust in You.
- we pray for young people who are anxious or worried, my Your love bring them peace.
- we pray for all who are away in this time of holiday, may they be inspired by the beauty of this world.
- we pray for all who passed away, receive them Good Lord into your kingdom of Light.
5. We say together the Lord's Prayer.
Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done;
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
the power and the glory,
for ever and ever.