Updated: Jun 6, 2020
1. Opening Prayer: "Dear God, thank you for teaching us that you are our Father, you have the Son, Jesus, and you are always with the Holy Spirit, our great Friend. Amen."
2. Introduction: today we celebrate the richness of God's life as three persons who live in harmony. Together, these three persons sing the same song of love and dance with the same rhythm.
Can you think of a rose bush, one beautiful stem which has three flowering heads? What a beautiful rose. God is even more beautiful. The rose changes, it grows and dies, while God is always the same and full of life.
- As we celebrate the Holy Trinity we give thanks to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit for their presence in our life.
- we thank you Lord for our baptism in the name of the Trinity
- we thank you Lord for our family as we try to reflect your way of life.
- we thank you Lord for our local community, our neighbours and friends
- we thank you Lord for our Church St Mary's, our school and teachers.
- we pray to you Lord for all people who are sad or not well.
5. We conclude with the Lord's Prayer (see the bottom of the page for words).
6. Activity: making three connected circles, each one in different colours. They represent our Trinity. If you have pipe cleaners, can you link three circles together like a paper chain to represent the Father, Jesus the Son, and our friend, the Holy Spirit?
1. Opening Prayer: "Dear God, through Jesus Christ you revealed yourself as a family of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Thank you for your presence in our life and for your ongoing blessing. Amen." 2. Introduction: Today, as we celebrate the Holy Trinity, let's think: what kind of images come to our mind when we think about three different things which share the same quality? No idea? What about ice, our local river in Twickenham and the rain? What they have in common? What is different among them?
It is amazing that God revealed his way of existence as three persons who are always together. Throughout the history of humanity the different parts have become known to us and acted on various occasion. For example, God revealed his name to Moses, Jesus revealed that he came from the Father and that the Father will send the Holy Spirit. And finally, the Holy Spirit revealed to the disciples how to proclaim to all people that they are God's children, and that we should be baptised in the name of the Trinity: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. 3. Watch this video:
Did you find it helpful?
4. Have a look at this icon painted by Russian Monk Rublev. What do you like about it?
- Thank you Lord, for revealing yourself as three, amazing people: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- Thank you for Jesus' life, sacrifice and the Eucharist which reminds us about your forgiveness, love and blessing.
- Thank you for our schools, teachers and our local community.
- Thank you for our church, St Mary's and Sunday School when we can see each other and learn from each other.
- We pray for all people who find these times difficult.
- We conclude with the Lord's Prayer.
Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done;
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
the power and the glory,
for ever and ever.